Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Christmas Wrapping...


Don't waste money on expensive paper, ribbons, tags or bows. Opt for the cheaper stuff... It is all going to look cute wrapped up under that festive looking tree, and it is going to get torn off so quickly that they will not even have time to appreciate any extra cost you spent on it! Some 99c curling ribbon and a bag of 99c bows is really all you need to spruce up your gifts.

I was at Target today and found myself looking at the cutest box of gift tags ever. They were hand crafted and sparkly... I was so tempted. Then I saw the $9.99 price tag and I woke up to the reality that these were something I could most definitely live without. Scratch buying expensive gift tags and get creative by making your own. Even better, why not have the kids hand make them! Family members (especially grandparents) are sure to ooh and aah over their homemade creations. :)

1 comment:

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

I'm right there with ya. And heck, if you're feeling extra "green" this year, just re-cycle gift bags, or even use the comics. I did "splurge" and buy a package of 100 stickered gift labels at the Dollar store the other day! During my Christmas I spent in Germany I realized the people don't always use tape on their wrapping paper - they'd just use ribbon to tie it shut, and then fold it up ever so nicely when they'd opened their gift to reuse it again at a later date. Just depends on how frugal/green you want to be!