Monday, October 20, 2008

Introducing Frugalityville...

As I have listened to the news over the past few months and pondered the state of our economy, I have wondered what I can do personally to lend a helping hand to those who are finding themselves in need.

With a husband in school full time (only 6 more weeks!), I don't have a lot to give, but one thing I CAN pass on is the information I have learned over the past 15 years. At the age of 26 I was asked to do several presentations in quite a few different wards on how to be a bit more frugal. It was a way of life I had learned to live faithfully in order to be able to be a stay-at-home mom to my two children, ages 5 & 2. Now ten years later, and back on one salary while hubby finishes school (did I mention it was only 6 more weeks?), this is what I want to share with you. It's nothing spectacular, (I am not an expert), just practical, real tips that can hopefully help you stretch your dollars a little further.

There are people who don't care that they spend more for things than they have to. They "don't have time" to save money or feel they are "doing just fine" living the way they are. This blog is not for them. This blog is meant to help people who are looking for ways to cut spending and to encourage people who are looking to get a bit more for a bit less. My future hope for this blog is that eventually it will become more of a community for friends... where we can all share what we know, learn from each other and celebrate our frugal successes. I encourage you to comment and share your tips for being a little more frugal, here in Frugalityville.

No comments: