Saturday, November 8, 2008

Copy Cat Recipes...

Eating out is fun, but expensive. One thing our family enjoys doing when we are looking to cut costs is to choose copy cat restaurant recipes to make at home! You will be surprised at what you can find. When I first started I would just google particular dishes that I like. For example, type the following in google, and see what comes up:

"outback coconut shrimp copy cat recipe"

(When you do a search, always use all lower case letters to get the most results.)

There are quite a few copy cat websites out there, however, I have found one site that I kind of lean towards... it is http://copycat.cdkitchen.com/. It has an alphabetical listing that you can just browse if you want some inspiration. (My guess is you all have some favorites in mind though.)

One of the dishes we used to make quite frequently was TGI's Sizzling Chicken & Cheese with Garlic Mashed Potatoes. My kids also loved Olive Garden Night when we would make a big pan of Fettuccine Alfredo with sliced grilled chicken over the top. (Mmmmm.) Now-a-days one of our favorite things to make is our own version of Cafe Rio. (If you don't have Cafe Rio where you live, then this is one way you can enjoy it!)

Whatever your preferences, I am confident you can find SOMETHING that your family will enjoy on the good old World Wide Web. :)

2 comments:

Lissa said...

I have done this with several dishes and it's fun and you would be suprised how well it tastes when your done!

R Clan said...

Mmmmmmmmmmmmmm.....So when are we coming over? ;)