Friday, July 24, 2009

Cell Phone Ringtones...


My kids have been nagging me to death about ring tones for the past couple of years. I have stood firm. I am NOT paying $1.99-$3.99 for a portion of a song I already own so it can be played back to them every time some one calls. First of all, they are going to be sick of it in about 2 weeks and want another one... and second, I'M JUST NOT PAYING FOR IT!

Last month in Woman's Day Magazine, I came across the names of two free sites that offer free ring ones and/or the ability to make your own ringtones using music on your computer that you already have! I decided to check them out and was pleasantly surprised... my kids on the other hand were ecstatic.

The first is phone.zoo.com. Here you can find all kinds of sounds and theme songs from movies/TV. Just create a free account and have them send the sound straight to your phone, then open the message, go into the options and choose "set as ringtone" or whatever the equivalent is on your phone. I downloaded the Spongebob theme song for my kids, various football theme songs for my hubby, and Bella's lullaby for myself.

The other site requires a little more effort, but was worth it to me. It is myxer.com. They have ringtones that you can download, but my favorite part is being able to upload your favorite MP3 and make your own ringtone with your favorite part of the song. It guides you through the simple steps and sends it right to your phone. I created Love Story for my daughter, Blink 182 for my husband and son and Halo for me all in the matter of minutes.

So make it a simple rule that you will NO LONGER pay for any ringtones on your plan and have fun making your own or download ones that no one will expect... like Hong Kong Phooey or Star Wars! You'll be racking up the savings in no time at all. :)

2 comments:

Higleys said...

Here is another thing I found on another blog but Ihtought you might like it
http://freesample.totalcereal.com/TotalFY10/Default.aspx?source=11272_11273_11274&WT.mc_id=partner_Silverpop
It's for a free sample of total cereal.

Becky @ Babes in Hairland said...

I've been out of town for a while & playing catch up on things. This is awesome girly! Thanks for the heads up on these. When I'm done w/the rest of my after vacation stuff I'll have to head over and try them out.