Monday, March 1, 2010

Price Matching & Adjustments...

Did you know that some stores will price match?

One of my favorite places to do this is Super Walmart. Why? Because I can take all the ads from the other grocery stores and they will match the price so I can do all my grocery shopping in ONE place! (They will also price match other things like toys, games, etc.)

If you are going to price match, make sure you are very organized so as not to irritate the cashier or the people behind you. :) I suggest listing everything you are going to price match on a sheet of paper and putting the price, the ad and the page number on this master list so you can find it easily. Many times, they will not make you show them every single item, but they will want to know that you aren't just making prices up, so keep you master list and your ad's handy, put a smile on your face, and you will make your associate more willing to help you! (As a side note, most stores will not match percent off sales.)

When it comes to video games, electronics, etc, I almost ALWAYS make my purchases at Best Buy. Not only will they match prices, but if you find the same item for a lower price over the next 30 days, (14 days for computers, monitors, projectors, camcorders, digital cameras, and radar detectors), they will refund the difference! There is nothing worse than seeing something on sale a week or so later and I love that I can go in and get a no-hassle refund of the extra money by just producing a receipt and an ad.

Just FYI, Target has a pretty cool price adjustment policy too. If Target advertises a lower price either the same week or the week following your purchase, you can just take in your original sales receipt to Customer Service and they will do an adjustment for you! (Does not apply to clearance items.)

It definitely pays (in cash) to check your stores policies! :)

5 comments:

Mandy Bird said...

I always price match at wal-mart. I did that today and had coupons as well. Saved so much money!

Higleys said...

Target is price matching as well and you can use Manufactures coupons and Target coupons even if the item has been price matched. I'm not sure if your target is but ours started a few months ago and it's on signs in the store.

The Royal Family said...

I always get such grief price matching!! :(

The Buzz
Brandy

Jane said...

I just learned the past year that Bed Bath and Beyond had the best customer service ever!! They will replace anything that breaks and let you buy the replacement with a coupon, I ended up with store credit on a Rowenta Iron that stopped working, even though the trade was even. Also, I just bought a bunch of pillows and new bedding there but didn't have coupons. They told me to come back with my reciept (no time limit) when the coupons come in the paper and they will give me 20 percent back on every item I bring a coupon in for. Awesome!

Unknown said...

Great to know there Jane. And thanks Petra on giving us hope. lol